Thursday, June 3, 2010

Edinburgh....cakes, castles and nearly crying!

This photo is for my workmates! They are familiar with that look when cakes are around :)
This is Princes St gardens complete with the hundreds of people out enjoying the lovely weather with the Scott monument the rocket-like structure on the left.
The lawn had apparently been dug up the last time Mum and Bill were there so they were very surprised to see the lovely green grass ......complete with human adornments :) I found this difficult to photograph but I should have read my camera booklet and found out the different settings I could have used. The trick here was to get St Giles to appear in the archway.

We had just come out from Jenners where we had consumed a lovely lunch and I finally got my fudge doughnut!

This was taken through the window of the restaurant with Arthurs Seat in the distance and the new railway entrance in the middle. I am impressed with the great improvements to what was a dirty, black and depressing area.



The main shopping street with as many monuments as I could fit in! At the time we didn't realise that the shiny bus thing on the right is actually one of the new trams which was open for public viewing. Just like a lovely new tube train really....40m long and there will be 18.5 km of track.




And of course The Castle! There are hundreds of people up on the ramparts so we thought there must be something going on when the gun went off.....12 times!!!! I was pretty upset as I don't like loud noises, had got a bit of a fright and really just wanted to cry :(



So , here is the surprise I got when on a whirlwind trip to my old school.....Findlay is my maiden name and Douglas Leslie is now a successful lawyer :)






No comments:

Post a Comment