Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Aberdeen

Well I haven't got the photos on the computer yet but I thought I should put something in here for the dedicated few! :)
The weekend started with a train trip up to Aberdeen and I was pleasantly surprised with the smooth and quiet journey. I had opted for the quiet carriage not really knowing what that meant but when the handsome stranger with the Irish accent started having a fascinating cell phone conversation he was promptly advised to take it out into the hallway between carriages so I missed out on the rest of the conversation!
I had found my allocated seat only to find that the guy in the next seat had his papers and a box of lavender plants on my seat. There were a lot of empty seats so I just went and sat where I wanted and it wasn't until halfway through the trip at Dundee that the ticket man came to punch my ticket. I explained that I wasn't actually in my allocated seat and he said " No madam , but you are on the right train !" and smiled sweetly...nice :)

Anyway , the purpose of the trip was to visit our friend Eric and his partner Ruth but I will add more about that when I have the photos organised!
Off to Kelty where I lived until I was 6 and then Dunfermline Glen where Robert the Bruce is buried. This evenings activities involve a bus trip to Glenrothes to visit my only surviving Aunt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment